- 1 cup self-raising flour or plain flour with 1-2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 free range egg
- 1 cup of Pepe Saya Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp melted Pepe Saya butter
- Handful of raspberries or blueberries if you are feeling fruity
- Loads of Pepe Saya Crème Fraiche, Maple Butter and sesonal fruit to serve
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Crack egg in a separate bowl, mix with fork and whisk in the Pepe Saya Buttermilk and melted Pepe Saya Butter
- Whisk lightly and pour the mixture into flour (make a well in the flour bowl), whisk the batter. If you want to use berries add them now.
- In a thick pan add Pepe Saya Butter, pour in mixture and cook on each side for a couple of minutes until bubble appear, then flip
- Serve with a spoon of Pepe Saya Crème Fraîche and Maple Butter
Recipe by Mrs Pepe