(Serves 2-4 | GF)
- 2 large leeks
- 600g asparagus (about 2 bunches)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- ⅓ cup Pepe Saya Cultured Salted Butter
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a roasting tray with greaseproof paper. Cut the leeks into 2cm rounds and the asparagus into thirds, then place onto the tray. Pour over the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place into the oven to roast for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and slightly charred, ensuring you turn at the halfway mark.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, prepare the burnt butter toasted almonds - heat a small non-stick frypan over a high heat. Add the almonds and toast until just golden. Turn down the heat to medium and add the butter and chilli flakes. Cook the butter briefly until it begins to bubble and turn a golden brown (approximately 1 minute). Once the butter has coloured, turn off the heat.
- Assemble the roasted vegetables onto a round serving platter and pour over the hot buttery nuts. Finish with a scattering of fresh mint and serve immediately.
Recipe by Brooke Kelly