Make Your Own Cultured Buttermilk Spelt Bread
My soda bread is easy to make and has a subtle sweetness and density that goes with just about anything sweet or savoury.
• 500 g whole meal spelt flour
• 50 g ground flaxseed
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 cups Pepe Saya Buttermilk
• 60 g Pepe Saya Cultured Butter (melted)
• 60 g mixed raw seeds
• Preheat oven to 180 C. (160 C FAN FORCED)
• Combine flour, flaxseed, salt and soda then mix through.
• Combine buttermilk and melted butter.
• Pour over the dry ingredients all at once and mix through lightly with your fingers.
• The dough should be lovely and moist much like a scone dough.
• Place dough onto a lightly floured board and form into 2 small round loaves.
• Place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
• Brush the top with a little extra buttermilk then spinkle with seeds.
• Bake for 45 minutes.
• Serve with Pepe Saya Cultured Butter
• Serve topped with Pepe Saya Marscapone and drizzle with raw organic honey.