Makes one large crown pavlova, the perfect centrepiece
- 300ml Pepe Saya Crème Fraîche *
- 190ml Pepe Saya Lemon Curd
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped)
- Punnet of fresh raspberries (or your choice of seasonal fruit)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with non stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm disc on the paper and turn the traced side down.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Slowly add the sugar around 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla bean seeds.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the disc and use a flat bladed knife to shape the sides of the meringue to make furrows. Bake in oven for 10 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 110°C. Bake for a further 1 hour or until the meringue is crisp and dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven with the door closed to cool completely.
- Fold lemon curd into crème fraîche & gently dollop onto pavlova finish with raspberries.
*Please note the ratio of crème fraiche & lemon curd is a guide and you may wish to play around with the amounts to suit your own taste.
Recipe by Mrs Pepe